In the name of Allah, The Gracious, The Merciful
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Assalam-o-alaikum wa rehmatullah,
Respected members see following message from Secretary Ta'lim.
Dear Students and Parents,
Assalam o Alaikum!
Almost a year ago we started the first Ahmadiyya Muslim Community K-8 Math Challenge. It was a new program of its kind within the Jamaat with the goal of encouraging our young minds to excel in Math. Mathematics is the mother of all sciences, and research shows that children who develop a strong base in Mathematics by the end of their middle school go on to do very well in academics. You have the chance to enroll in our second Summer 2017 K-8 Math Challenge program, enrollment is now open.
Here are the rules for the new program:
1. Enrollment starts June 1, 2017 and the program runs throughout the summer months and end on September 30, 2017. We have thus modified our Math Challenge program as a summer math program so that it does not interfere with regular school work.
2. Students who participate in our summer Math Challenge program are expected to work towards finishing the Khan Academy math challenge for the grade that they are going into in 2017-2018. For example, a student starting 3rd grade in fall of 2017 is expected to work on 3rd grade math mission in Khan Academy during the summer.
3. Winners of the Summer 2017 K-8 Math Challenge program will be announced after September 30, 2017. Winners will be selected on the same criteria as above. For example, students who finish their math mission by September 30, 2017 will receive a 1st prize certificate, a K-8 Math Challenge winner T-shirt, and a $50 gift card.
4. Students who enroll in the Math challenge will also have an opportunity to participate in a 30-minute Math Contest monthly. Details about the math contest are available at: http://www.educationahmadiyya.us/math-contests/
How can I enroll in the Summer 2017 Math Challenge program? Follow these simple three steps which are the same as last time.
1. If you haven't already, create a Khan Academy account for each student at https://www.khanacademy.org . You must create a separate Khan Academy account for each student.
2. Add the taleem department as your "coach" within Khan Academy by entering the code specific to your grade as explained here: http://www.educationahmadiyya.us/for-parents/
3. Officially register each student with the taleem department by filling out this google form: https://goo.gl/xZA4YZ (Note: You MUST register using this google form for the student to officially enroll in the program. Without this step, we cannot award prizes to the student)
That is it! We hope all of you will participate once again in the AMC K-8 Summer 2017 Math Challenge program, and go for GOLD.
Jazak'Allah, and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or comments.